ROVANIEMI IS ONE OF FINLAND’S MOST INTERNATIONAL TOWNS
The following sectors in particular offer opportunities for success in Rovaniemi:
1. Northern centre for business. Rovaniemi’s central location, excellent traffic connections, university town and highly educated workforce provide enterprises with a competitive edge for the opportunities available in the Arctic region.
2. Tourism. Rovaniemi is Finland’s most popular tourist destination for foreign tourists after Helsinki. Over half a million visitors a year. Rovaniemi’s tourism offerings can be found at www.visitrovaniemi.fi. More information about growth possibilities in the area has been compiled here: Invest-In-Rovaniemi-Brochure.pdf
3. Industrial production. A competent workforce and tailored training services are available. The largest industrial enterprises are the Canadian snowmobile manufacturer BRP Finland Oy and the globally active, Rovaniemi-based Lappset Group Oy.
4. Creative sector. International films and music videos are produced in Rovaniemi. The City of Rovaniemi is home to House of Lapland’s Lapland Film Commission. https://www.lapland.fi/film/ One-third of all of Finland’s industrial designers graduate from the University of Lapland, not to mention a talented group of artistic professionals and service designers. Rovaniemi is the Arctic Design Capital, with its strong foundations in handicrafts.
5. Cold-air testing. Snowy winters, a cold technology laboratory and test tracks make Rovaniemi a significant test centre environment in Europe The Arctic Centre is a top-level research unit of the University of Lapland focusing on producing Arctic information. Although testing conditions can be a bit chilly, the reception in Rovaniemi is certainty warm!